Thanks for taking the time to follow my blog,x

Pages

Sunday 24 January 2016

Trio of birthday cards


Hi all, well good laid plans and all that somehow seem to never come together in my house lol. The joys of a chest infection and lack of mojo after Christmas meant I wasn't spending much time in my craft room :-(
But the good news is I have now learnt to follow a pattern in crochet lol. Will add a pic of current project at the end of this post.
So onto my cards and I really enjoyed making these and getting inky.
First thing was to stamp the cats (MFT 'Catitude') onto some card with Versafine black onyx ink and heat emboss with clear embossing powder and also onto some masking paper. Once stamped image covered with masking paper ( joys of fussy cutting ) this is where the fun begins. I just picked a selection of my fave distress inks and covered up the whole card using a applicator tool and foam pads and then added some droplets of water. I then peeled the masking paper off ( see pic ) and coloured my cats with Copics.


I used MFT tiny hearts background stamp and the same distress inks to create another layer behind the main image and die-cut them at a angle using the new MFT wonky stitched rectangles which i am totally in love with


The happy birthday dies used are from Clearly Besotted


Distress inks used were Wilted Violet, Peacock feathers, Picked raspberry and mustard seed


I can't make my mind up which one is my favourite. Think I like them all :-)
So am back in my craft room and also completing my current blanket which I came across on Facebook. It's called a C2c or Corner to corner and is made up of squares. I'm currently following a pattern to get a geometric shape at the end. Will keep you updated of my progress.



Happy crafting everyone x

10 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous selection of cards - the stamps are great, really "cool cats" and the burst of colour with them looks awesome.

    hope the chest infection has left you now xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cards, you have been busy. The crochet blanket is coming along nicely. Hope you are feeling better. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Kay, and I love the crochet, the colours are perfect together can't wait to see the finished article..glad your feeling better too...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Know what you mean,I was knocked flat by a chest infection all over Christmas,nasty lil begger.Ooooh can't wait to see your crochet.Always love your creations and these lil mogs are just great.Huggles xxx ps.Looking at Sam he is still on my shelf bless him.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops,sorry hee hee.Love the look of the crochet interesting design Kay.Glad you are keeping at it.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh Kay I love these cards - so bright and cheery :-) and the blanket is going to look wonderful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous makes, live the inky backgrounds. I know what you mean about lack of Mojo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely set of cards, bright and cheery.
    Nice pattern on your blanket, look forward to seeing how it works out
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo what an adorable set of card and such cute images too, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the Catitude stamps and great distressed backgrounds,love the geometric pattern on your blanket--we have had a housful of this flu/cough virus going round and it completely laid my daughter out for over a week
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

hi,welcome to my blog.please leave a message so i know you have popped by and can return the favour.x