Thanks for taking the time to follow my blog,x

Pages

Monday 16 September 2013

Needle felted landscape

Hi all,well yesterday I went with Kelly to a felt and fibre exhibition and to catch up with Joan who does needle felting.
This is her most recent piece of work and its stunning, picture doesn't do it justice I am afraid and its enormous in real life.




So once home decided I was going to have a play with my needle felting kit that I already had purchased. So you start with a felt base and then let your imagination run wild




Not too sure of my trees but they are on now




Adding more foliage and poppies




And finally the finished landscape and I have to say I am really pleased with it and look forward to making another one




If you are interested in learning about needle felting and attending a workshop with Joan you can contact her Here

15 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Kay.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is stunning Kay. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that lion and lamb one is superb. I love your landscape one too, O lovely first :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow fantastic lion and I love your little landscape, the textures and the colours
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kay that lion picture is fab and I am loving your take on the felting so pretty have no room to take on any more crafty items but this would be the first added to my list of things I would like to do in the future. Love Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not long ago I went to a mixed media exhibition where there were a lot felted pictures and loved every one of them, so touchy feely. Am sure you will be making more. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is AMAZING - you are sure right to be pleased with it. Where do you get the kits? BJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it. Never seen this craft before x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have seen this and think it is fascinating, but have not tried it. I rally like how your landscape turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the lion is beautiful and your landscape is a fantastic first go-my niece makes fantastic needle felt hangings too http://marmaladerose.blogspot.co.uk
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like lots of fun... the lion pic is beautiful and your first attempt is fab :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. would love to learn this new craft...too bad I am so far...
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  13. You Clever lady! this is beautiful.
    Love the gorgeous earthy colours and the way you built it all up.
    Huge Hugs Mau xx
    The Lion and the lamb are gorgeous too, I love this Scripture :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...this is so cool. Love how you showed us the steps!

    ReplyDelete

hi,welcome to my blog.please leave a message so i know you have popped by and can return the favour.x